Sunday, June 1, 2008

Philippines - part 1






Philippines.......Some pictures to try to show the kindness of the Filipino people, who welcome me so warmly for a few months in 2006...three months in the magic island of siquijor, famous for its black magic and voodoos practices. I was working for the company Sea Exploreres, a dive operation based in Siquijor. This tiny island is situated in the Visayas region of the Philippines...remote and quiet island, one hotel and the rest of the island, just fishermen villages...After there, I took my back pack and dive gear and hit the road, I mean the sea, since most of the transportation is done by boat.One of the island I liked most was Bohol, where I saw the splendid Chocolate Hills, the enigmatic Tarsier monkey, the smallest primate on earth...with huge eyes (one quarter of his body !!) and the green jungle where the kids love to jump in the river after climbing barefoot vertiginous coconut trees....The Philippines is a wonderful country, the Filipinos are the nicest and kindest people I ever met...kind of Asian Latino style...Salamat !!




Las Filipinas....unas visiones de este maravilloso pais...Los Filipinos son un encanto y me recibieron de la manera mas calida, siempre con la sonrisa...Primero, estuve tres meses en la isla de Siquijor, la ultima isla del archipielago donde se practica todavia la brujeria y el Vudu. Trabaje con el centro de buceo SEA EXPLORERS, un hotel en toda la isla, un centro de buceo y ya...el resto pescadores y sus familias...Pase unos meses muy agradables en este pueblo, hasta que tome mi mochila y fui de viaje por el pais, la region central de las Visayas. Uno de los lugares que mas me llamo la atencion fue la Isla de Bohol, con sus famosas Chocolate Hills, los changos de tamano reducido, los Tarsiers - con ojotes impresionantes....un cuarto de su cuerpo !!...y los ninos de los pueblos de Bohol, que se trepan a los cocos para tirarse al agua del rio....impresionante !!
Las Filipinas me encanto, sigo con ganas de regresar y conocer mas de este pais, y descubrir mas su gente, tan hospitalaria amable y con una eterna sonrisa...Salamat !!!

No comments: